Landscape curbs require very little maintenance, but some precautions are important after installation. You've made the extraordinary choice to use custom concrete borders in your landscape projects. Here are some tips to keep it looking it's best!
- It is very important not to wet the new curbing excessively the first few hours after installation. Using lawn sprinklers the morning after installation allows the concrete to cure properly and prevents it from drying out too quickly.
- The curbing will be vulnerable to foot traffic the first 12 hours.
- We recommend that you do not mow your lawn 3 to 4 days after installation.
- During the first month after installation, don't allow metal objects like steel rakes and garden spades to come in contact with the new concrete edging, as concrete takes approximately 28 days to reach full strength.
- Take care when mowing your grass and doing edging that contact is not made with metal blades. We recommend a string trimmer to do your edging. Don't drive vehicles over landscape curbing as this may crack the curbing in places away from the control joints.
- Due to the nature of concrete, cracking is inherent and we cannot guarantee that the curbing will not crack. We do guarantee our work and if there is an unusual amount of cracks in the curb we will replace it at no expense to the homeowner.
With common sense your curbing can retain its beauty and elegance for many years to come. If you choose, a coat of sealer every two to three years will also help retain your continuous curbs' unique properties. Use caution when applying as sealer may potentially kill your grass.